Interleukin-10 (IL-10) is a cytokine released by Th2 cells. As one of the primary anti-inflammatory cytokines, IL-10 plays a major role in stopping the inflammatory response, which promotes wound healing.
- Interleukin-10 (IL-10)
- Secreted by Th2 cells
- Major anti-inflammatory cytokine
- Resolution of inflammatory response is important for wound healing
- Inhibits the production of many pro-inflammatory cytokines (TNF-alpha, IFN-gamma, IL-2, etc.)
- Decreases expression of MHC II and Th1 cytokines
- Inhibits activation of macrophages and dendritic cells