- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Deficiency
- Pyruvate Kinase Deficiency
- G6PD Deficiency
- Essential Fructosuria
- Hereditary Fructose Intolerance
- Galactokinase Deficiency
- Lactase Deficiency
- Ornithine Transcarbamylase Deficiency
- Phenylketonuria (PKU)
- Maple Syrup Urine Disease
- Propionic Acidemia
- Lesch-Nyhan Syndrome
- Systemic Primary Carnitine Deficiency
- MCAD Deficiency
Essential Fructosuria is an autosomal recessive metabolic disorder that is caused by a deficiency of fructokinase (See Fructose Metabolism - coming soon!).
Essential fructosuria is a benign condition characterized by the presence of fructose in the urine. On laboratory analysis of urine samples, a reducing substance (fructose sugar) is found in the urine despite a negative urine dipstick (no glucose in urine).
Find Essential Fructosuria and other Metabolic Disorders among Pixorize's visual mnemonics for the USMLE Step 1 and NBME Exams.